[Loch-ruadh] war practice 9/15

Adam Harrison concrete_donkey at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 12:47:08 PDT 2001

As horrific as yesterday's events were, and the
aftermath we're going to endure in the
days/weeks/months/years to come, we need to make a
decision about the brigade practice within the next 24
hours.

The majority of people who have spoken up have said
Saturday is a better day, considering that is what has
already been published and advertised, I feel that is
the best option to go with.  If anyone has objections
to that, speak up now.

Another issue to address is location.  I haven't had a
chance to see Z Boaz park yet, I may have time to
swing by today.  Have we found an alternate location
if Z Boaz won't work?

The final decision that must be made is if we will
hold the practice or not.  Some people will be
inclined to say "no, how can you think of holding a
practice in the wake of Tuesday's catastrophe?"

My reply is simply this.  If we don't continue to live
as normally as possible, then those who masterminded
the attacks yesterday have acheived perfect success.
They have transformed us into a people in fear.  We
_cannot_ allow that to happen.  The American people do
not live in fear.  We are stronger than this.  We will
get through this.  In part of showing we are a proud
nation in defiance of terrorism, let's hold the
practice on Saturday.

At least that's my opinion...

-Bjorn