[Loch-ruadh] Today in history Sept. 28

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Thu Sep 27 22:19:43 PDT 2001

Kublai Khan's Birthday celebrated
551 BC Birth of Confucius (traditional Chinese date)
780 Death of St. Lioba
855 Death of Lothar, Emperor of the Franks
876 Death of Louis, founder of the German Kingdom
929 Death of St. Weceslaus
1066 William of Normandy, "the Bastard," lands with his army in England
1106 TINCHEBRAI (King Henry of England defeats his brother Robert)
1193 Death of Robert de Sable, 11th Master of the Templars
1197 Death of Henry VI, Holy Roman Emperor
1238 VALENCIA (King James I of Spain, "the Conqueror," defeats Moors)
1322 MUHLDORF ( Battle of. Don't ask, the best I can find is a page in
Portuguese)
1542 Juan Cabrillo discovers San Diego Bay, California
1573 Birth of Michelangelo da Caravaggio, Italian painter