[Loch-ruadh] Today in history Oct. 1

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Sun Sep 30 22:42:29 PDT 2001

Creation of the World Anno Mundi Hebraiius: AMH-Jewish calendar.(3761 BC)
Creation of the World Era of Abraham.(2051 BC)
Creation of the World Sidonean Era.(110 BC)
Pudding Day in England
1097 Bohemond, son of Robert Guiscard, sets out on the1st Crusade.
1136 Siege of LaSap, France.
1175 Cardinal Vguccione Pierlone of Sant' Angelo meets with King Henry II
( England) about the Becket affair and a possible divorce between Henry and
Eleanor.
1191 Richard I of England sends a letter to England stating he will take
Jerusalem soon after Christmas.
1192 Richard I of England leaves Palestine for home.
1207 Birth of Henry III ( England).
1273 Election of Rudolf of Hapsburg as Holy Roman Emperor.
1311 A General Council of the Church is held at Vienne.
1404 Death of Pope Boniface IX.
1410 Election of Jobst as King of Germany.
1478 Plague breaks out in Florence.
1498 Pagolo Vitelli is beheaded in Florence.
1528 Papal Legates arrive in England to discuss the divorce of Henry VIII
(England) from Catherine of Aragon.
1529 Colloquy of Marburg opens.
http://www.kingssing.com/writings/mending.html
1588 Muhammed Shah, Sultan of Persia, abdicates.
1578 Death of Don Juan of Austria, Victor of Lepanto.