[Loch-Ruadh] Word of the Day, April 8

Padraig O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Mon Apr 8 12:16:16 PDT 2002

As I recall, Flopsey was ordered to "hie thee to a nunnery".  For those not familiar with this phrase, and this being a family-oriented email list, let me just say that she was NOT being sent to a convent.  :)

And apparently she hasn't mended her ways at all.  Despite exhortations from Friar Samilus, she brazenly flung herself at nearly every man who came into view, and stooped so low as to accost the good gentlewomen who passed by.  She even had the termerity to most scurrilously slander the Bishop!

Still, she has a good heart, and Friar Samilus tells me he intends to reform her by use of holy water - he figures a barrelful ought to do the trick (so to speak).

Padraig

Sent via the WebMail system at irishbard.com