[Loch-Ruadh] sad news

Shana Hardy Shana.Hardy at tsrh.org
Mon Apr 22 13:08:41 PDT 2002

Oh Bice!  My heart goes out to you today.  Sixteen years is a long time to spend with anyone; but with a well-loved companion like this, the time is never long enough and doubly sweet.

Tangwystl

>>> bice.pietro at charter.net 04/22/02 02:26PM >>>

This is just a note to let everyone that lives on the west side of Fort
Worth know
that you are less protected today and in the future than you have been in
the past.
Last night we lost our personal alarm system and very good companion of almost
16 years.  His name was Moose; an 80 pounder that loved adults and always
wanted to be a lap dog.  He was fiercely protective of his yard and all of
the street
he could see from our front door.

His greatest adversaries  were the postman and the UPS man; his greatest
friends
(after us) were his cats and the raccoons with which he shared his food and
water
bowls. In his younger days, he loved to play catch with a ball but never
quite figured
out how to operate a frisbee.  He loved to sing with several different TV
commercials
and theme songs.

We didn't know Sunday was going to be his last but it did go close to what
I had
promised him.  He had Dunkin Donuts for breakfast,  spent the afternoon on his
big soft bed in front of the TV watching the race with Dad and for supper,
he had
canned carved roast beef, with gravy, CAT food.  I kept a can as back up in
case
I ran out of dog food.  Cat food always taste better but more so if it was
stolen.

He was a great dog and will be sorely missed.

Bicé