[Loch-Ruadh] Fw: [Elfsea] Steppes Mini-Collegium

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Mon Apr 15 23:21:59 PDT 2002

The Steppes Mini-Collegium on the metal arts will be held Saturday, April
20, 2002, starting at 9:00 AM.

LOCATION:                    Garland Civic Theatre
                                         108 North 6th
Garland, Texas
This is on the downtown square in Garland.  We will have SCA signs
marking the location.  This is on 6th Street between Main and State.
Look for the green awning.  Park around the square, or, there is a
parking lot at State and 5th if the square is full.

Scheduled classes are:  blacksmithing, pierce work, armor-making &
casting.  Baron Fritz's blacksmithing class will run all day.  Basics
will be covered in the morning with the rest of day working on projects.
There will be two forges working.  Lord Vincenzo Cellini's pierce working
class will run for a half-day or until projects are completed.  This
technique is suitable not just for jewelry but also for other
ornamentation such as horse tack, belts, leather items and armor.  Lord
Colin Crawford will be teaching and demonstrating basic metal work for
armor, including cutting, forming and pattern making.  Baron Daniel
Stewart will be teaching an all day class in casting including sand
casting with pewter as well as lost wax casting of any metal.

There will be a potluck lunch at the site.  Please bring something to
contribute to the lunch.  We request that you bring real food, not just
chips and dips.  Suggestions might be sandwiches, cold meats, side dishes
such as slaw, salad, green bean salad, etc., maybe some chips or baked
beans (cold or in a crock pot), pickles and olives, deviled eggs, etc.
Since it will probably be quite warm, anything that could go bad like
potato salad would probably need to be in a bowl of ice.  Of course, a
dessert or two would be nice--a fruit platter is a light option for
dessert.  Does that give you a few ideas? THIS IS A DRY SITE.

Ladies, please note that this is NOT for men only.  It is for anyone with
an interest in the metal arts.

NOTE:  If you want to participate in the pierce work class, please
R.S.V.P. by e-mail or call me so that I can have tools available for
everyone who attends this class.  Vincenzo

Lord Vincenzo Cellini
A&S Minister
E-mail: lizdenpeters at juno.com
Phone:  214-330-8518