[Loch-Ruadh] Word of the Day, April 12

Cait O'Hara lady_cait at lycos.com
Wed Apr 17 18:30:58 PDT 2002

Sorry for the lapse.  Today (the 12th) is my anniversary.  I took some time away from the computer in order to pursue some more physical activities.:)

Cait

Trouters

Passenger trains which stop at any point requested by anglers on holiday excursion.
-- George Story’s Dictionary of Newfoundland English, 1982

Feast Day of St. Zeno, a patron of anglers.  John Worlidge, in his Systema Agriculturae, the Mystery of Husbandry Discovered (1681), offers these reasons for fishing’s enduring popularity: “There is not any exercise more pleasing nor agreeable to a truly sober and ingenious man than this of angling.  It wearieth not a man over-much, it injureth no man … neither doth it in any wise debauch him that useth it.  The delight of it also rouses up the ingenious early in the spring-mornings they have the benefit of the sweet and pleasant morning air which many, through sluggish[ness], enjoy not.”

---
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons;
For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
-- Acacia

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp