[Loch-Ruadh] The 50's SUCKED

Leza M. rogueofdundee at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 13 21:19:04 PDT 2002

Ahhhh, THE GAME, I guess you're right....HELLS BELLS to really live in the Middle Ages or Renaissance was Awful, and yet of course we Romanticize it....The 50's are REAL to me so am more harsh with it........OF course Women were treated as property, often no better than slaves during the Middle Ages....WHICH brings me to a GREAT movie on Woman as Wife, Nun, or Courtesan "DANGEROUS BEAUTY", just rented it from BlockBuster, it was great.  I recommend it, 1400's Venice I do believe....Yes we Have come far, yet NOT far enough !!!! Aye, The Moor of Dundee, Bard 343
 Terry Varner wrote:you know that brings up an interesting point, in the middle ages, women were
not allowed very many rights at all unless they were nobility, and even
women of noble birth had very few rights, have you ever heard of first night
rights? So the fifties were a picnic for women compared to the era that we
all celebrate in our game.

>From: "Leza M."
>To: loch-ruadh at ansteorra.org
>Subject: [Loch-Ruadh] The 50's SUCKED
>Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:17:02 -0700 (PDT)
>
>--
>
>While I DO have a RED 1957 Chevy, Belaire which IS FOR SALE( by the
>way)-Bids are being taken......
>The 50's while Nostalgic, SUCKED !!! Womens Rights UN-Equalities,
>Minority Rights Un-Equalities, Dis-abled Folks Un-Equalities, Communist
>Red Scare BullShit with J.Edgar "I wear womens underwear" Hoover the
>closeted reactionary hypocrite....The 50's were repressive....Thank God for
>the Hippies, the Civil Rights Movement,The Womens Rights Movement, The
>Sexual Orientation Equal Rights Movements, the Make Love Not War Movements
>of the 60's and 70's, The Age of Aquarius, IF we have to go back in time,
>give me the 60's and 70's and SCREW the 50's....We just weren't the Beaver
>Cleaver Family, We looked more like the Sly and The Family Stone meets the
>Peter Paul and Mary Family of Social Consciousness.....and Long Live Joan
>Baez's MUSIC of the 60's and 70's and her remaking so many of the Olde
>Child Ballads and Broadside Ballads that make up so much of the Ren Faire
>Music I LOVE to play today !!!!.... down girl, down.....Bard 343, The
>Rogue of Dundee !!!! Grrrrrrrrrr !!!!
> Chris Harper wrote:At 01:44 PM 8/13/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>

> >>Subject: The 50's
> >>
> >>Didn't that feel good, just to go back and say, Yeah, I remember that!
>And
> >>was it really that long ago?
>
>That may feel good but it gets real scary when your children can remember
>it also!
>
>Gad, I feel ancient,
>
>Bicé

>TheMoor of Dundee www.moorofdundee.com

Terry Varner
Life is like a Ferrari, it goes by too damn fast. But thats OK we can't
afford it any way.

TheMoor of Dundee  www.moorofdundee.com