[Loch-Ruadh] Midwives and Mothers in the Middle Ages

Steve Rourke srourke at prodigy.net
Thu Aug 15 21:48:58 PDT 2002

Everyday life is on the menu this week, with the spotlight on those women
who made sure that life went on.... with a look at 'Midwives and Mothers in
the Middle Ages'....
...plus, a brief look at a recent holiday trip I took with the family to
Gothic France, with more photo galleries planned onsite in the weeks
ahead...
...meanwhile, 'In the News' the British Library finally put their digitized
treasures online, while archeologists fight for the remains of a medieval
ship...
http://www.newyorkcarver.com/news.htm

LETTER OF THE WEEK:
'Where can I find more information, particularly about
the facade of Nidaros Cathedral in Trondheim, Norway?
Thanks! EK'
Hi EK,
Here are some great sites on the subject:
http://www.nidarosdomen.no/english/nidaroscathedral/vestfronten.asp
http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~ragnvald/Nidarosdomen/nidarosdomen.html
http://www.meretelk.com/nidarosd/domen.html
Hope that helps!

The NewYorkCarver Newsletter - What's New & Cool in the Middle Ages

---