[Loch-Ruadh] above and beyond the call of duty

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Wed Aug 28 08:21:24 PDT 2002

Bonjour, mes amis!

I'd just like to give a bit of wordfame and public thanks for some gentlemen
who came to my rescue Monday night at Moot.

I had car trouble; the radiator cap somehow broke and the truck overheated
en route to Moot.  As I was exiting Mecham, the truck started making a funny
noise.  When I made the turn right in front of the Coors Dist. Center, the
truck died.  Several gentlemen came to my aid and pushed the truck off the
road and into the parking lot.  It was decided to let the truck cool down,
and check on it after Moot.

The men who pushed the truck were:

HL Raimond
Ld Aradon
Kristian Bjornson
and (I think) Lawrence of the many things
if not him, then I missed someone -- please make yourself know if that is
the case (I was tired and irritated by having car trouble; my apologies.)

After Moot, Lord Aradon sent his man Tomas on a quest for a new radiator
cap.  In the meanwhile, Kristian Bjornson filled the radiator with coolant
and water.  At that late hour, Tomas was unable to find a radiator cap, so
he was summoned back.  Logan finally arrived, and determined that the engine
had not seized up, but rather the battery had been run down by us trying to
crank it.  He was able to get the old radiator cap semi-repaired enough to
get the truck started after jump starting the battery.

Also, Lord William Palfrey was kind enough to ask after my situation, and
Lady Tangwystl helped sooth my emotions after Logan arrived, in an agitated
state, having two children in tow who were supposed to be in bed already,
and having been diverted from taking his pain medication and going to bed
himself.

The gentlemen and lady from House FalconRose then made sure we got home in
one piece by following us all the way from the Coors site to our home, which
is a mile or so south of I-20.  This was a bit out of their way.

These kind gentles went above and beyond the call of duty, and made an
exasperating experience as painless and entertaining as possible.  Chivalry
can and does extend beyond the S.C.A.

VIVAT!

Lady Madelina de Lindesaya
Canton of Loch Ruadh