[Loch-Ruadh] !!!Thank you

HRAFNASDOT at aol.com HRAFNASDOT at aol.com
Sun Dec 15 14:51:08 PST 2002

Thank you everyone for the kind and wonderful well wishing.  Your support and encouragement are a big part of everything I do.  Although I could not attend DFT Yule Revel with my family, let it be known that the Loch Ruadh device (so graciously made by Ldy Gabrielle and given out last Yule revel) sat next to the king at high table last night.  And I thought off ya'll every time I saw it next to my plate.

Competition was extremely tough, there was a large crowd and yes, 2 laurels did also compete - the reason why is a beautiful chair carved with the A&S symbol made by Staggate's superb wood crafter, John Atwood.  It is now sitting in my living room and I promise to bring it to the next event so everyone can see it.

I would not have attended except for a kind and gracious invitation by Ladies Julianna and Judith - one who allowed me to travel with her and the other who opened up her home for us to stay at.

I was extremely surprised when they made the announcement!  In fact, I was working on some wire wrapped insignia at the time and nearly missed it - talk about "I gotcha"!  Their hospitality and generosity was astounding and I am very humbled by their choosing me to represent them - and thank them for the great opportunity.

Now I need to know how everyone did at DFT, how did the plates and the decorations go, who went, what food did I miss?

Thanks again for your thoughts -

Asa
(who is still shocked by it all!)