[Loch-Ruadh] I am back!!

Chris Harper bice.pietro at charter.net
Thu Dec 26 21:43:37 PST 2002

And with a brand new monitor hooked up.  I even let my hubby do it since my
guru is ill and only advised me over the phone on the purchase.  But enough
of that.

On to better things............such as the gourd my Mother gave me for
Christmas.  Remember my Mother only lacks 3 months being 91 years old and
never did pay a lot of attention to what I told her.  And her mind only
remembered that I wanted a big gourd (I did not specify as to size other
than big).  Her immediate assumption is that it must be sanded, primed,
painted, and with flowers and/or lace added for decoration.  She was
especially tickled that the seeds were dried inside and it rattled like a
maraca.

Now being the 'good' daughter that I am, I did not tell her that my plan
was to make it into a birdhouse.  This monster could be turned into a 3
story condo with at least 2 or 3 apts per story.  I may take her idea and
make it into an art object after all.  I will keep you all abreast of the
progress when it happens.

Padraig, were some of the first strummed instruments made of large gourds
or something similar?  Just a thought!  In case someone wonders, you could
put a basketball inside the  large rounded part of this thing and then the
neck is fittingly round and large.  Overall height is about 2 ft.  Leave it
to me to get another object you all can have fun with!

Bicé