[Loch-Ruadh] Loch Ruadh Bardic

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Wed Dec 18 08:06:04 PST 2002

As I recall (being from a later period than you Norse folk), it was WE who assimilated YOU (at least those of you who came to settle in Ireland).  Everyone who has tried to conquer or invade Ireland ends up being Irish.  The Tuatha de Danaan, the Celts, the Milesians (who were actually also Celts), the Norse, the Normans and their English successors...  In fact, an English queen of a later era complained of her principle viceroy in Ireland that he had become "more Irish than the Irish."

We are the Irish.
You will be assimilated.
Resistance is futile (but makes for fun wars).

Padraig

(snip)