[Loch-ruadh] tool sharpening

HRAFNASDOT@aol.com HRAFNASDOT at aol.com
Thu Feb 7 10:58:18 PST 2002

Okay you guys.  I need this class - someone out there has to be able to do
this.  I want to be able to talk to someone(s) on:  How to know if your saw
is shot - do I buy a new one?  You said a file will sharpen this (put any
number of carving, wood working, etc implements here)  I have a knife - I
want it sharpened - How?  What is a good overall stone?  A leather strop -
sure it sounds easy.  Thorgeirr's great keeping the kitchen knives, etc.
sharp - it's the technical stuff for crafting I need help with.

If someone will simply SHOW me, I'll help write it up.  I'll teach it.  I'll
work out a trade or something.  I'll engrave a glass for ya'. I just have to
have someone physically show me, the words make sense when I read 'em, I just
can't translate them into any thing useful when I read about sharpening my
engravers and such . I'm just sick and darned tired of not knowing if my
tools are sharp or I'm just using lousy techniques.

Any takers?  There's got to be someone who can do this, maybe at woodworkers!
 I never asked you Polydore, oh great possessor of the wood shop.  Is anyone
else interested?

Asa