[Loch-Ruadh] Today in History Feb. 20

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Tue Feb 19 21:34:56 PST 2002

Born
1494 Johan Friis chancellor (Denmark, helped establish Lutheranism)
1507 Gentile Bellini Italian artist (Sultan Mohammed II)
1523 Jan Blahoslav Czechoslovakian humanist/bishop (Bohemian brothers)

Deaths
1054 Yaroslav I the Wise, ruler (Kiev), dies
1194 Tancredo of Lecce King of Sicily, dies
1431 Martinus V [Oddo Colonna], Italian Pope, dies
1569 Mark van Vaernewijck Flemish nobleman/politician, dies at 50
1595 Ernst archduke of Austria, dies at 41

Other events
1525 Swiss & German mercenaries desert François I's army
1547 King Edward VI of England was enthroned following death of Henry VIII
http://tudorhistory.org/edward/