[Loch-ruadh] Color Preference Profile

Padraig O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Wed Feb 6 13:10:56 PST 2002

Miss Cleo got hold of one of my Yahoo email addresses some how.  I deleted about a dozen messages from her, then blocked the sending address (a handy option Yahoo offers).  A week or so later, I started getting them again from a different address.  Blocked that one too.  Went through that about half a dozen times until it finally dried up.

Moral of the story:  Never, NEVER respond to spam, especially those that use the "Click here to be unsubscribed" or "Reply to this message with Unsubscribe in the Subject Line".  This lets the spammer know that they have a live address.  Block the sending address if you can (just drops the spam out in the ether somewhere), just delete the spam if you can't.  Eventually they get tired of sending to you and go away.

This has been a public service announcement.  We now return you to your regularly schedule email.

:)

Pádraig

Sent via the WebMail system at irishbard.com