[Loch-ruadh] Update on my grandfather

PBW pookie2 at airmail.net
Sat Jan 12 10:11:55 PST 2002

Thought folks might like an update on how my Grandfather is doing. He is doing fantastic. They got him off the ventilator Friday morning, by lunch time he was sitting up in a chair, mid afternoon he was eating a late lunch and harrassing the nurses. They let him move to a "step-down" unit Friday evening. If all continues to go well he will go to a telemetry room either tonight (saturday) or tomorrow. Because of his age the Docs decided that it would be best for him to have his "cardiac rehabilitation" as an inpatient VS. going home and going to the out patient clinic so he will be in the hospital for about 20-25 days then be able to go home. Not bad for a man 90 years young (well ok, hes actualy 89 right now, he'll be 90 next month). The doctors are amazed at his recovery, though we (his family) know its just him being pig headed!

Thanks for the prayers! If anyone ever doubts the power of prayer all they need to do is read this list now and then!

Magdalea