[Loch-ruadh] Another Update

PBW pookie2 at airmail.net
Thu Jan 17 17:14:09 PST 2002

Well folks, it looks like the stuborness of my family just might prevail. (now you all know where I get my stuborn streak from). Granddad has a *long* way to go but it looks like he has turned a major corner. He is now sitting up for an hour at a time 3 times a day, his kidneys are trying to work though they are still in the dangerous levels of creatinine that level is coming down (it has come down a full point in 72 hours. Has another point to go before they consider him OK). He cant talk real well, but thats partly due to the fact they wont let him have his teeth back and his throat feels like someone has "feed battery acid" to him (his words!).  He has made it known to the family several times that we did the right things but he is to onery to leave us just yet.

The docs told my Dad this morning that if things continue to improve at the rate they are now they will consider moving him back to the step-down unit this weekend where he can have a room with real walls and folks can stay in with him whenever they want VS his being in the ICU with glass walls that everyone can look into and only visiting hours are every 2 hours for 30m at a time during the day.

Thanks for all the prayers and support. It has ment alot to me and my family. Many of you know my Dad, and I told him I had posted to the list and many were praying for Granddad; Dad was grateful and said "your SCA thing is a good family to have when you cant be with your own" and he's right. Granddad still needs prayers so keep him on your lists if you would. All good thoughts are appreciated! :)

Magdalea
A grateful granddaughter