[Loch-ruadh] Trebuchet Question for Bjorn

Adam Harrison concrete_donkey at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 13:18:40 PST 2002

--- George & Pamela <sidhe01 at swbell.net> wrote:
> --
> Bjorn
>
> Do you still need lead weights for the trebuchet?

Yes and no...  While we still need to make a
counterweight out of something, nothing says it has to
be lead.  And more to the point, we're working on a
tight budget here, and more than one person has
already said that they don't want to pay for a
counterweight.  I'm not of that opinion, especially
considering at those prices it will only take about oh
$50 to get all the CW we need.

I'm looking into a lead on some trailer hitch balls
that I can probably get for free.  Granted these would
take up more space than solid lead, but they would be
more cost effective.

My suggestion would be, pursue the possibility of
donation, bring it(either way) up at populace meeting
in 2 weeks and we'll decide something then.  If
there's a deadline on this deal and it will pass
before then, we can continue discussing this off list,
so as to not bother those who aren't interested.

Thanks for researching this!

-Bjorn