[Loch-ruadh] Daniel & Siobhan Submit a bid for Baron & Baroness

Dan Gutridge dgutridge at wciconsulting.com
Wed Jan 30 13:22:02 PST 2002

We, Lord Daniel Stewart of Guthrie and Lady Siobhan inghean Don Ui Neill,
Announce today our wish to be considered for Baron and Baroness of Elfsea.

Though we may not have played half as long as others that vie for this
position, we feel that our mundane training and our intense work at SCA
activities has prepared us more than adequately for this position.  We
have a true love for this Society and we are proud to call ourselves
Ansteorrans and members of the barony of Elfsea and have been active since
our first day.  We look forward to the opportunity to travel throughout
this kingdom and the known world as representatives of our barony.

We would have all know our love for this Society, and how it became.  At
our first event we were pleasantly surprised when we were offered free
water, and by the concern for our well-being by all present – we were then
strangers!  We soon found that this was every day life here.  We then
found friends, which we value, and the honor that we craved to have in our
lives.  This society, which the SCA has built, is unlike any in existence -
 where honor and truth are valued above all.  Together we, the populous of
Elfsea, have made this barony strong and we look forward to working with
all to continue this.

We have held positions in this barony and kingdom.  Siobhan is our
Seneschal and was our exchequer.  She has also run the clothier's guild
for the last three years. Daniel was the Chairman of our finance committee
and is currently a deputy kingdom seneschal in charge of raising funds for
the permanent Ansteorran gate at Gulf War.  Since we have been playing, we
have opened our home to any who would have need, be it a need to talk to
someone, for meetings and workshops, or social occasions. We have been
stewards for many events and have always helped any that asked.

Daniel Fights heavy and Siobhan is an archer.  Our two daughters, who play
in this barony, are active rapier fighters.  We all participate in the
artisan community.  Our youngest is the Guardian of the Queens hope.  We,
as a family, support and believe in the SCA, Elfsea, and all it
represents.  It is an important part of our lives.

Our lives are centered in Elfsea. Daniel is the holder of a Portcullis of
Elfsea, a Thistle in metalworking, the Sable Falcon of Ansteorra, and the
Azure Keystone of Elfsea. He is a squire to Sir Galen of Bristol and an
apprentice to Master Fritz.  Siobhan holds the Portcullis, a Thistle in
sewing, the Crowns Favor, and the Azure Keystone of Elfsea. She is a
protégé to Master Richard Fairbourne.  We were also proud to be awarded
the Azure Pool of Elfsea.

We feel that our mundane lives have prepared us for this position.  Daniel
has an MBA in IS Management, has served the US in Naval intelligence, and
Sandra has extensively studied Psychology.   We have 8 children (only one
left at home, thank goodness) so we certainly have patience.  Daniel has
run many large organizations and projects successfully and we both work
with others well.  Our policy is that we can work with anyone and life is
too short for conflict.  We love laughter in our lives and hope that this
barony has much happiness in it’s future.  We, if given the opportunity to
lead this barony, will lead from the front.  We will work with all groups
within to have fun.

One thing that we would make known to all, whether we are selected or not,
is that we all need to remember that this is what we do for fun.  We are
all friends and will always be friends.  Let us remember this through this
effort and in the future support of our barony.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call our home (817)656-1242
or Dan’s cellular phone (817)690-1154.  You can email us at
dgutridge at wciconsulting.com, siobhanon at aol.com, or address us though the
list if you feel that it is appropriate.

In Service and love of the Dream,

Lord Daniel & Lady Siobhan