[Loch-ruadh] Fw: [Elfsea] A few more questions.-Raimond

Donna Wallis mama_mac at airmail.net
Thu Jan 31 18:40:51 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: neil starkey <raimonddemora at hotmail.com>
To: <elfsea at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 7:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Elfsea] A few more questions.

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
>1.)What do you, as an applicant for Baron/Baroness, hope to look back
in X
years when you are stepping down, and say "This is what I got out of
being
Baron/Baroness"?

When it comes time to step down, if I were Baron, I would like to have
the
feeling that I did my best and shared the fun with my friends.

>2.)What are your priorities within the barony for short term? (say the
first
six months. the first year?)

This would be a time of transition, for both the Barony and the new
Baron and
Baroness.  The goal for me, in say the first six months, would be listen
the Barony and find out more about what You see the Barony as, and what
direction You want it to go.  I have found that one must look before
making
any changes.  I would definately continue to foster the feeling of
sharing
this Barony has.

>3.)What is the greatest strength that you/both of you would bring to
the
barony as baron/baroness? What about the greatest weakness?

Greatest Strength: would be a proven leader in the Barony and
organizational
skills.

Greatest weakness: Sometimes self defeating thoughts or lack of
confidence.

>4.) The populace within sees themselves differently as the populace
outside
the barony. As our Baron/Baroness, you can be our inspiration (leader
perhaps?) for how the outside 'world' sees us-in other baronies, in the
kingdom, in the mundane world. What would you change? What wouldn't you
change? or more correctly, focus on?

Change: I would try to travel more.  I would encourage those that can,
travel more.

Not change: Elfsea's attitude that, to use a term that Baroness Xene
started
and has grown a life of it's own, "Life is good in Elfsea".
>5.)If you were not an applicant, what qualities and qualifications
would YOU
be looking at?

Strong leaders that are not afraid to do what is best for all and
promote the
Society for Creative Anachronism as a place of learning.

>Lady Elisabeth of Pendarvis

Thank you for asking challenging questions.  These are things that I am
sure
all of the candiates have thought hard about before thier decision to be
considered for your next Baron and Baroness.

In Service

HL Raimond