[Loch-ruadh] Today in History Jan 5

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Mon Jan 7 14:38:51 PST 2002

> Am I confused, or aren't these one and the same person?

Ok so I goofed. I hadn't noticed that it was listed twice. :-p~~~~~
> --and---
>
> Other Events
>
> 1531 Pope Clemens VII forbids English king Henry VIII to re-marry
>
> Lot of good that did.  I guess Pope Clemens didn't hold much sway with Fat
> Henry.  Was this the Pope that was a cousin or uncle to Catherine of
Aragon?

I was unale to determine if he was related to Queen Catherine or not but
either way if this had not happened the Church of England would never have
been started (maybe). The Pope was a member of the De' Medici family.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04024a.htm