[Loch-ruadh] Sad news

PBW pookie2 at airmail.net
Sun Jan 13 18:23:11 PST 2002

Well I just got home a little bit ago from going to East Texas to see my
family and grandfather. He remains on the ventilator and only has
spontanious respirations when he is moved otherwise the machine is breathing
for him. His kidneys are making urine in small amounts but they are not
filtering out the uric acid or creatinine which is poisoning his body. The
Doctors only suggestion was to place him on dialysis and "see what happens".
My grandfather has made it very clear to the family for many years that
should he become gravely ill that he only wanted machines to make him better
but not to keep him alive. The family made the decision today that we will
not have him placed on dialysis. We will keep things as they are and keep
him comfortable and let him die with what dignity we can give him. Of
course, I have seen miracles happen and maybe all he needs is to let his
body rest. Its in Gods hands now. My grandfather has lived a full and very
active life and being on machines wouldnt not be acceptable to him. To tell
you the kinda guy he is, he finaly sold his harley when he was 80. My
grandmother was so happy he wasnt going to be riding it anymore. Granddad
didnt have the heart to tell her he only sold it so he could by a newer
one.... Thats my granddad!

Keep praying though. I have seen miraclels happen and granddad may yet sit
up and eat dinner and fuss at the nurses. Though if that happens I dont
think the doctors will let him back on a motorcycle.

Magdalea