[Loch-ruadh] Update on Granddad

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Wed Jan 16 08:35:59 PST 2002

Magdalea,

You haven't bored us.  Rather, we've been very concerned.  When someone as
dear to you as your grandfather is in fear for his life, we know it affects
you as well.  Thank you for keeping us updated, and know that he, as well as
you and your family, is in our prayers.  It is gratifying to hear that he is
still putting up a bit of a fight.  Let's hope he wins this one.

No man is an island. -- John Donne

To add a semi-period topic, here's a link if you're interested:

http://www.luminarium.org/sevenlit/donne/

He was born in 1572 and died in 1631, so maybe some of his works are period.
"For Whom the Bell Tolls," from "Devotions upon Emergent Occasions,"  XVII:
Nunc Lento Sonitu Dicunt, Morieris, was written in 1623, so it's a bit late,
but the sentiment is there.

Madelina