[Loch-Ruadh] The Garden of Eden

Padraig O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Mon Jul 8 08:52:54 PDT 2002

No, it's not you, Madelina.  Someone who has various of the Ansteorra mailing lists in their address book has picked up a virus that uses their email account to try to spread itself by sending out bogus emails tailored to look like they come from addresses contained in that address book.

Mailman (the Ansteorra mail list software) catches the virus embedded in the email and deletes it, but the header information, including the addressee info, slips through, hence the blank emails.

I encourage everyone on this list to ensure that their anti-virus software is up to date with all of the latest releases and patches.  It might be a good idea to run a scan of your hard drives, too.  If you don't have anti-virus software, you should get and install it as soon as possible.  There are several very good freeware and shareware anti-virus packages available if you don't want to have to purchase one.  Just do a search on anti-virus software through nearly any search engine.

Padraig
Loch Ruadh List Moderator

Sent via the WebMail system at irishbard.com