[Loch-Ruadh] Re:help for KAS at Lughnasad

Chris Harper bice.pietro at charter.net
Sat Jul 20 00:58:39 PDT 2002

>Hi,

I asked on the list for any ideas on this and so far I have this one answer
I'll pass on to you.

Bicé

There is a feed store in Canton and a number in surrounding areas, and the =
grounds are bordered by cattle raisers- if somone called the fairgrounds, a=
sked for the neighbors names/numbers and suggested a "we buy it/donate/spli=
t the cost, you move it, you get it" or some such arrangement, it might wor=
k. Or if you offered to take a bale that was not feed worthy (they'll usua=
lly be happy to donate that kind). However, does Canton want you to leave =
a round bale on their grounds? or is disposal available? Moulded hay must =
be moved carefully and disposed of where horses and most hoof stock cannot =
get to it. Is someone having equestrian events @ Lug. - they might have a =
line on a source and go in on it. Also - if we do not move it - suggest Ca=
nton keep it and turn it into a free "great pumpkin" for Halloween. Lots o=
f people around there spray paint the orange and at a jackolantern face.
If someone could find/borrow a bale dolly, it could be picked up, delivered=
, moved with little fuss or muss by most any vehicle with a trailer hitch.

Just my two cents
Asa

(formerly from that area and who has moved more round bales, square bales a=
nd flakes of hay than she wants to remember)