[Loch-Ruadh] One more time!!!!!!

Tim Cantley yukon505 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 1 19:06:14 PDT 2002

Hey Bice',

Don't forget the recipe for the chocloate oatmeal cookies :)

Sean

From: Chris Harper <bice.pietro at charter.net>
To: loch-ruadh at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Loch-Ruadh] One more time!!!!!!
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 16:29:13 -0500

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD
Original Pampered Chef Recipe (serves 10)
Dressing:

1       lemon

2       T. white wine vinegar

1/3  C sugar

1       T. vegetable oil
1       t. poppy seeds

Zest lemon to measure ½ tsp of zest.  Juice lemon to measure 2
Tblsp of juice.  Combine zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil, and
poppy seeds in bowl and whisk until well blended. Refrigerate
until ready to use.

Salad:
         ¼     C sliced natural almonds, toasted

8       oz. (1½ C) fresh strawberries, quartered

½     medium cucumber, sliced and cut in half
¼     small red onion, sliced into thin wedges

1       pkg. (6 oz.) baby spinach

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spread almonds in single layer in
shallow pan and roast for ten to twelve min. or until light brown.
Remove from oven and cool.  Mean while, hull strawberries and
quarter.  Score cucumber lengthwise using zester, if desired, and
cut in half lengthwise; remove seeds and slice thin.  Then slice
onion into thin wedges.
Place spinach in large serving bowl; add strawberries, cucumber
and onion.  Whisk dressing; pour over salad, gently tossing to coat.
Sprinkle with almonds.
Some Notes from me:
For the bowl I had at Tor’s Guardian, I tripled the dressing recipe and
since I was short on the vinegar, I used about 1½ tsp. Of raspberry white
wine vinegar to finish it out. (one Lady ask about the raspberry taste!
  Talk about a good taster) For the salad, I used 2-12 oz bags of regular
spinach (not baby), 2-1lb. cartons of strawberries, 1 large cucumber
and ½ of a large red onion, sliced into paper-thin wedges. I also pan

             toasted the almonds on top of the stove.