[Loch-Ruadh] Today in History June 3

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Sun Jun 2 21:43:22 PDT 2002

Born:

Deaths:
0545: Death of St. Clotilda
0618: Death of St. Kevin

Other Events:
0713: Byzantine emperor Philippicus overthrown, blinded
1098 Christian Crusaders seize Antioch, Turkey
1098: Stephen of Blois' army of the 1st Crusade arrives at Nicea
1140: Abelard condemned for heresy
1291: Edward I, King of England, speaks of his hereditary right to the Crown
of Scotland
1291: Edward I, King of England, summons the Northern levies to Norham
1539 Hernando De Soto claims Florida for Spain
1596: An English expedition to attack Cadiz, Spain, sets sail

---