[Loch-Ruadh] Fancy Work Class at FP

George & Pamela sidhe01 at swbell.net
Thu Jun 6 17:15:58 PDT 2002

Greetings

To those interested, Domhnall has coerc.....er talked me into giving another class in fancy rope work.  Most fancy work is done in stages, one knot added to another, added to a braid, added to a weave added to a knot, etc. until the final product is achieved.

This time, for those interested, we will be starting on a rose knot AKA a "sailor's rose." (Baroness Dana has one)  This is a multi stage project and involves four separate knots (actually bends) tied in succession. At the next FP we will start on the first one, a 6 strand monkey's fist.

If those interested could bring about 9 feet of # 72 thread, cable laid (twisted) nylon seine twine, it would help the budget a lot.  BRaided nylon wil work but it is not as pretty and is definitely not evern close to period, the twisted twine at least looks period.

I will have some for those who cannot get any.  This particlular seine twine can be found at Academy sports near their fishing nets (it's where I got mine). If you bring a piece longer than 9', that's OK, this size cord is easy to cut off but hard to splice.

Till then
Alaric