[Loch-Ruadh] FW: Word of the Day: lambent (sheen on sheep?)

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Fri Jun 7 14:48:32 PDT 2002

Okay, I lied.  I meant to send this one, just because of the sheep remark.
The sentence they used inhales sharply, though.

Madelina

Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 12:05 AM
Subject: Word of the Day: lambent (sheen on sheep?)

DUMMIES DAILY: Word of the Day
http://www.dummiesdaily.com

TODAY'S eTIP(TM): lambent (sheen on sheep?)   {or KEEN on sheep, in Sean's
case??}

lambent [LAM bent]

adjective

1. Playing lightly over a surface, flickering: Said of a flame,
etc.

2. Giving off a soft glow.

3. Playing lightly and gracefully over a subject: Said of wit,
humor, etc.

     The lambent sunbeams on the babbling brook, the fresh scent
     of lilacs in the air, and the orioles singing in the trees
     reminded CyberSue of the gardens she'd toured virtually via
     a multimedia Web cam.