[Loch-Ruadh] Word of the Day, March 6

Cait O'Hara lady_cait at lycos.com
Tue Mar 5 21:53:35 PST 2002

spring garden

A garden in which a concealed spring was made to spout jets of water over a visitor when he trod upon a particular spot.
--Walter Skeat's Glossary of Tudor and Stuart Words, 1914

March is a rude and boisterous month, possessing many of the characteristics of winter, yet awakening sensations perhaps more delicious than the two following spring months, for it gives us the first announcement and taste of spring.  What can equal the delight of our hearts at the very first glimpse of spring, the springing of buds and green herbs?  There are frequent mornings in March when a lover of nature may enjoy, in a stroll, sensations not to be exceeded, or perhaps equalled, by anthing which the full glory of summer can awaken.
--William Hone's Year Book of Daiuly Recreation, 1832

---
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons;
For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
-- Acacia

2,000,000,000 Web Pages--you only need 1. Save time with My Lycos.
http://my.lycos.com