[Loch-Ruadh] Today in History March 14

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Wed Mar 13 22:13:43 PST 2002

Born:

Deaths:
0840 Eginhard French nobleman/biographer (Vita Karoli Magni), dies at 69
1272 Re Enzo Italian poet/son of Emp Frederik II von Hohenstaufen, dies
1298 Petrus Johannis Olivi South France theologist, dies
1490 Charles I Duke of Savoy, dies at 21
1559 Jacques d'Auchy Walloon baptist merchant, executed
1573 Claude II of Lotharingen, duke of Aumale/murdered Admiral Coligny, dies
1590 Philip van Egmont General/prince of Gavere, dies in battle at 30
1612 Philip Galle Flemish engraver, dies at about 74

Other Events:
1558 Ferdinand I appointed Holy Roman emperor
1559 Storm floods ravage Gorinchem, Dordrecht & Woudrichem, Netherlands
1590 Battle at Ivry: French King Henri IV beats Catholic League