[Loch-Ruadh] Fabric District Field Trip, Garb Work-Shop and Newcomer Revel

Tangwystl tangwystl at elfsea.net
Tue May 14 12:01:59 PDT 2002

Greetings,

The ladies of the Barony put our heads together at Fighter Practice and
Veteran's Park  on Mother's Day and planned a few items for our newcomers
and anyone else interested.

Fabric District Field Trip  - Saturday, May 18th.  We will be meeting at
Arabella's at 8:00 a.m. to caravan.  Arabella's Address:

901 Wintercrest Ct.
Arlington, TX 76017
Phone:  (817) 467-6959)

We need to leave that early in order to make it to the shops that close
before noon.

Persona Workshop - Saturday, May 18th - 3:00 p.m.at Z Boaz Park. This is
hosted by the Canton of Loch Ruadh for anyone interested.  Those of you
attending the Fabric District field trip there is enough time in the day to
do both.  I plan on heading to the Workshop after I get back to Arlington
from the Fabric District.

Driving direction:
Best route to I-20, if you are coming from East of Fort Worth go West until
the Winscott Rd. exit. Take that exit, go north, just past a set of railroad
tracks will be the park. Take the first left after the tracks, there will be
a parking area right there, just look for the people in Garb.

Garb Workshop - Saturday, June 1, 2002, 10:00 a.m. until ?
This will be held at Baroness Siobhan's home at:
8358 Bighorn Way, Fort Worth, TX 76137.  You can either look for directions
on a map site or I can send them to you at your request.  We will have
experienced SCA seamstresses there and patterns for basic T-Tunics and other
things.  Here you can work on garb to wear to:

Newcomer's Revel and Lindenwood's Midsummer Masque - on Saturday, June 15th.
 The Revel (location to be announced) will get started at noon with lite
refreshments.  There will be baronial officers, artisans, knights and other
members there to answer your questions and visit with.  This will end at
3:00 p.m at which time we will caravan over to Irving for the Lindenwood
Midsummer Masque for dancing, dining, etc.

 Details below

The Canton of Lindenwood invites you to attend

Midsummer Masque: "A-Rovin' on the Emerald Isle"

Saturday, June 15, 2002

The pipe and drum call you to stride the green hills of Eire in search
of music, dancing, and a Treasure!

Join us for an evening of festivities, including:
* A Masque
* A delicious sideboard
* Best Mask competition for adults and children (A Celtic theme
suggested)
* Best Costume competition for adults and children (A Celtic theme
suggested)
* Celtic Arts competition
* Dessert competition
* A Quest

Site/Feast Fee:  Adults $8, Children 12 and under $4, Children under 5
free, with a family maximum of $24.
Make checks payable to SCA, Inc. Canton of Lindenwood.
Site opens at 5:00 pm, closes at 11:00 pm.
A parent or legal guardian must accompany minors. They may also attend
with a 21-year or older adult with a signed, notarized Minor Event
Waiver Form from their parents.

Assistance animals only will be allowed on site.  NO FIREARMS.

Additional information concerning the Garb Workshop and Revel will be posted
in the near future

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact me at this
email address, or you may call me at home (817) 469-9173

In Service,
Lady Tangwystl verch Maredudd
Hospitaler of Elfsea
--