[Loch-Ruadh] Fw: lawyers

George & Pamela sidhe01 at swbell.net
Fri May 17 16:03:13 PDT 2002

> Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 12:09 PM
> Subject: Fwd: lawyers
>

 > A small town prosecuting attorney called his first witness to the stand
in  a trial - a grandmotherly, elderly woman. He approached her and asked,
"Ms. Jones, do you know me?

"She responded, "Why, yes, I do know you Mr. Williams. I've known you since
you were a young boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me.
You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about
them behind their backs. You think you're a rising big shot when you haven't
the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit
paper pusher. Yes, I know you."

 The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the
room and asked, "Ms. Williams, do you know the defense attorney?" She again
replied, "Why, yes I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster,
too. I used to baby-sit him for his parents. And he, too, has
been a real disappointment to me. He's lazy, bigoted, and has a drinking
problem. The man can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law
practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated
on his wife with three different women. Yes, I know him."

 The defense attorney was also surprised and shocked.

At this point, the judge brought the courtroom to silence and called both
counselors to the bench. In a very quiet voice, he said with menace, "If
either of you bastards asks her if she knows me, you'll be jailed for
contempt!"