[Loch-Ruadh] Scarborough Faire

Steve Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Sun Nov 17 22:48:30 PST 2002

With the approval of the Kingdom Hospitaler I contacted the General Manager
of Scarborough Faire with the intent of having an SCA presence at the faire.
The current GM has worked previously at TRF and would very much like to have
the SCA at the faire.

He has been made aware that at one time there has been "bad blood" between
the SCA and Scarborough. He does wish a run of fair commitment, but for
weekends such as Memorial Day weekend where there is a major SCA event, he
has said that having a minimal presence, a few people to answer questions,
hand out flyers, etc. would be more than acceptable.

During the rest of the run of the faire he would like as much of a living
history type of presentation as possible, i.e. fighting, ongoing A&S
presentations, displays, and of course people to talk and answer questions.
Initially the SCA would have to use pavilions as our base of operations. He
has stated that there would be the possibility of acquiring a building for
our use sometime in the future. To that end he has stated that anyone who
wished to could work at the various games run by the faire so as to raise
funds so that there could be a compound for our use similar to what the SCA
has at TRF.

If this matter could be brought up to the populace to determine if there
would be enough interest and support, it would be greatly appreciated. Also
if possible I would like to have some type of answer for the GM by the
middle of December.

Dohmnall Dubh O'Ruairc
Central Regional Hospitaler
Kingdom of Ansteorra