[Loch-Ruadh] Crown's desire to reduce the number of Kingdom Calendar events

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Mon Oct 7 07:29:04 PDT 2002

> > The questions are:
> > >
> > > Would having only one or two events on any given weekend mean you
> > would chose to go to those events or would you just stay at home that
> > weekend??
It would depend on the event. I rarely find I am choosing between
two events I strongly feel about, but there is often at least one
I would like to attend. If that one was cancelled, I would probably
stay at home.

> > > How do you choose which events to go to??
Ones that I know are fun, those others say are fun, those where
I have some function to perform, those where I want to support
the group sponsoring them. What is going on in my mundane life
is a significant factor - if I am traveling heavily for my job,
I find it more difficult to travel far in the SCA.

> > > On average, how far do you drive to go to an event??
I will travel as far as necessary, though I tend to choose
closer events if I have to choose between two events I like
equally. I have done a day-trip to Bordermarch to be a
Chirurgeon when they needed one to work with Apprentices.

> > > I think it might keep a lot of traffic off the list if you send your
> > answers directly to me.
It probably would, but I think this is part of the
discussion that should occur before these decisions
are made.

> > >I will summarize your answer and let the crown know your thoughts. I
> > also want to discuss this at the next pop meeting.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Fritz

In service,
Caelin on Andrede