[Loch-Ruadh] Laurel's Prize tourney - results?

HRAFNASDOT at aol.com HRAFNASDOT at aol.com
Tue Oct 8 14:46:42 PDT 2002

In a message dated 10/8/2002 3:25:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, jane.sitton at radioshack.com writes:

> So, who attended?  How'd it go?

Nearly a four hour drive each way.  Due to many circumstances - i.e. change of date, change of buildings (from a the dining hall to the halls of one of the buildings), crown not attending, Steppes Artisan being held so recently, ect. - it was very lightly attended by laurels.  Mistress Stella was the only representative of the Central region, one from the Namron area, whoever was in the Greywood area, Mistress Casilda and a handful from Stargate, these are the ones mostly in evidence, although I'm sure there were some others.

Laurels Prize Tourney is a misnomer - mostly it is a chance for the artisans to meet laurels throughout the kingdom and get advice, comments, encouragement, etc. in A&S.  If one's display is especially well done, or if a laurel chooses to encourage that individual, they may leave largesse or gift that artisan personally with an item from their own hand.
Think of it as a trade show. It was very fortunate if one attended Steppes Artisan, as there was majority of laurels attending that event that did not attend the tourney.

The people of Greywood were gracious.  The site was in the halls of the technology class building, mostly around the edges of a very large lighted fountain.  The event was over early, pretty much before 5pm - those who traveled back that evening got back in good time.

Asa
Who is now looking for plexiglass for at least 5 of her glass frames and is once again working to make a comb - since the one I had I dropped and broke.