[Loch-Ruadh] Word of the Day: Cornucopia

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Fri Oct 18 13:06:25 PDT 2002

Lots of words for today.  (Can you tell I'm cleaning out my inbox??)  I
thought this one was interesting.  -- Madelina

TODAY'S eTIP(TM): Cornucopia

cornucopia (kohr nuh KOH pee ah)

noun

1. In Greek Mythology, a horn of the goat that suckled Zeus:  it becomes
full of whatever its owner wants.

2. A representation in painting, sculpture, etc. of a horn overflowing with
fruits, flowers, and grain.

3. An overflowing fullness; abundance.

     Chad fell on the floor with laughter upon finding his mother
     making a hat out of an old cornucopia.  "It's represents my
     cornucopia of luck at having a delightful son like you," his
     mother responded.