[Loch-Ruadh] Laurel's Prize tourney - results?

Donna Wallis mama_mac at airmail.net
Tue Oct 8 14:50:43 PDT 2002

Did "you" have a good time???

Dana

Loch Ruadh ROCKS!!!

----- Original Message -----
From: <HRAFNASDOT at aol.com>
To: <loch-ruadh at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Loch-Ruadh] Laurel's Prize tourney - results?

In a message dated 10/8/2002 3:25:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jane.sitton at radioshack.com writes:

> So, who attended?  How'd it go?

Nearly a four hour drive each way.  Due to many circumstances - i.e.
change of date, change of buildings (from a the dining hall to the halls
of one of the buildings), crown not attending, Steppes Artisan being
held so recently, ect. - it was very lightly attended by laurels.
Mistress Stella was the only representative of the Central region, one
from the Namron area, whoever was in the Greywood area, Mistress Casilda
and a handful from Stargate, these are the ones mostly in evidence,
although I'm sure there were some others.

Laurels Prize Tourney is a misnomer - mostly it is a chance for the
artisans to meet laurels throughout the kingdom and get advice,
comments, encouragement, etc. in A&S.  If one's display is especially
well done, or if a laurel chooses to encourage that individual, they may
leave largesse or gift that artisan personally with an item from their
own hand.
Think of it as a trade show. It was very fortunate if one attended
Steppes Artisan, as there was majority of laurels attending that event
that did not attend the tourney.

The people of Greywood were gracious.  The site was in the halls of the
technology class building, mostly around the edges of a very large
lighted fountain.  The event was over early, pretty much before 5pm -
those who traveled back that evening got back in good time.

Asa
Who is now looking for plexiglass for at least 5 of her glass frames and
is once again working to make a comb - since the one I had I dropped and
broke.