[Loch-Ruadh] Help with thick wood!

Sluggy! slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Wed Oct 9 12:40:28 PDT 2002

Sam Milligan wrote:

> Have you considered shaving it down with a hand plane or spokeshave?

I have not had to reduce rattan to any major degree, but it seems to me
that much of the strength of rattan comes from the fine grained shiny
exterior. I would think that if you eliminate it completely, the
durability of the rattan may suffer greatly.

On the other hand, I suppose it need only survive one event, and there
is a chance, however small, that I could be wr... wr... wro...
misinformed. :)

Sluggy!

--

A friend will help you move.

A really good friend will help you move a body.