[Loch-Ruadh] Virus Problems

Donna Wallis mama_mac at airmail.net
Sun Oct 20 12:02:51 PDT 2002

It's not from me!! I update my anti-virus software files twice a day and
run a full system scan every morning. Evidently I'm anal in more than
just Exchequer files!

Dana
Loch Ruadh ROCKS!!!

Padraig wrote:
The I-Worm/KLEZ.H virus is making the rounds again.  Both Caerell and I
have received emails from this virus, ostensibly from each other.
Neither of us have this virus on our systems - we've checked for it.

The I-Worm/KLEZ.H virus works by getting into the infected system's
email address book, selects one address as the "From" address and
another as the "To" address and sends out replicas of itself via the
infected system's email software without leaving any easily noticeable
traces.  So someone with both Caerell's and my email address in their
address book has an infected system.

As far as I know, this virus can only do this on a system using MS
Outlook as the email software.  I do not use Outlook, partly because it
is so easily infected.  I also update my anti-virus software files at
least twice a week, and run a full system scan at least once a week.  I
urge everyone, especially those using Outlook, to do the same.