[Loch-Ruadh] DFT prep/LR plates

Steve Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Mon Oct 21 21:46:00 PDT 2002

Count me in for 2 plates. :)

Dohmnall
----- Original Message -----
From: <HRAFNASDOT at aol.com>
To: <loch-ruadh at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 6:28 PM
Subject: [Loch-Ruadh] DFT prep/LR plates

I plan to attend - Thorgeirr and the girls are only tentative at the moment.

HOWEVER, it has been discussed that some would be interested in matching
plates for the DFT.  I can and will be purchasing glass plate blanks.  Those
who wish to, I can provide the blanks at canton events between now and Dec.
and I will assist in making your own plate or plates.

I will provide the following:
Clear glass plates
LR device patterns for duplication/use in one uniform size
Glass paint in LR colors only (red yellow black)
Glass engraving tools

Price will depend on my supply of plates.  I am hoping to provide these to
th canton members at $1 to $2 each for 10" or 12" plates, depending on what
I can get.  You may choose to paint the device or engrave the LR device or
engrave your own arms (you must provide your own arms pattern).  I advise
painting the LR device as it is much prettier that way, and easier to see.
These plates can be used as chargers (plate holders) if we get the really
big ones.

Please let me know if you are interested and how many plates you desire, so
I can provide enough.  I will post the events I will be attending.  One
plate can easily be done and dry per event if you are painting.  I currently
am preparing for at least S&I to have these, and will have them if we decide
a planning session before that.  I can also provide my glass handouts and
show you how to make your own engraving tools, so you can do glasses and
bowls on your own.

Imagine an entire table with matching napkins, placemats and
plates/chargers!

Asa

In democracy it's your vote that counts; In feudalism it's your count that
votes.

---