[Loch-Ruadh] We're back...

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Tue Sep 3 10:51:14 PDT 2002

We're back from Gothic as well.  Me, and the kids, that is.  Logan was going
to go hammer at Polydore's this weekend, but had car trouble, so limped the
van home, and is now in the market for a new transmission (ouch!).  So he
didn't get to go murder innocent little birds Sunday, either.  (It's not
that I don't like dove meat, it's just that I don't like cleaning them, and
when Logan hunts or fishes, he brings his catch home and says, "I killed it,
you clean it."  Which causes me to go out for burgers or tacos, or anything
else....)

We had a grand time, as we were guests of House FalconRose, and were treated
like visiting royalty!  They helped us pitch our tents, fed us, entertained
us, and helped us break camp and load.  I hardly had to lift a finger the
entire weekend, and even had many needs anticipated.  Vivat, House
FalconRose!

Weyland met a young lady, the daughter of Countess Britta and Earl Aaron.
[I think her name is Kayleigh. (sp?)]  She was being teased by an older boy,
so Weyland took up for her.  He threw rocks at the boy, who promptly pushed
Weyland into the dirt, which caused a bleeding, skinned knee.

Weyland was commended for taking up for the young lady, but instructed to
apologize for the manner in which he did so.  He and the boy shook hands,
and all is well.  As Weyland was under Lord Aradon's protection at the time,
Lord Aradon has assigned Weyland with performing a bardic piece detailing
the events at Elfsea Defender.

More interesting events occurred in the FalconRose encampment during
Saturday night's feast.  Lawrence of the many things was celebrating his
21st birthday (and even survived a shot of Biohazard!), and was put up for
auction by Lord FalconRose.  I am pleased to announce that Lady Ceara Mac an
Ghabann won the bid, which had been augmented by several other gentles, and
included, among other things:

a very sensual kiss by the lady herself
a claymore, helm, side of leather, and 5 bardic pieces composed by Lady
Simone
an entire outfit of garb by Lady Colleen of House FalconRose and Clan
McBraun (sp?)
strawberries and chocolate fed to him by several ladies
a gallon of Biohazard and a feast of nuclear chili by myself
and many other items, too numerous to mention

For when it was discovered that Lawrence's heart's desire was for Lady Ceara
to win the bid, most of the other people bidding threw their lot in with her
to ensure she would win, which she did.  Much hilarity ensued during the
auction, and all present were astounded by the generosity of the fine
gentles who did the bidding.

Those of you who missed Gothic Wars missed a great event.

Amicalement,
Madelina de Lindesaya