[Loch-Ruadh] Greetings from Caid

Tim Cantley yukon505 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 12 21:55:56 PDT 2002

While out here in Southern California attending work related training, I had
the good fortune to attend a Council (Populace) meeting of the Barony of
Gyldenholt in the Kingdom of Caid.  This Barony basically encompasses Orange
County here in southern California which is just south of Los Angeles.  My
instructor for my class happens to be a SCA member and officer
(Sexton...whatever that is) of the barony.  They had a pretty good turn
out...about 55 people and they made me feel quite welcome.  I was introduced
as an emissary from the Kingdom of Ansteorra and I corrected them, saying
that I was actually a spy from the Canton of Loch Ruadh and I was gathering
information about their Barony in preparation for our Canton's takeover of
the known world :)  Just kidding....I didn't tell them about our takeover
plans!!!!  Anyways, I will say that SCA people are pretty much the same
anywhere you go.

On a side note, I found it interesting that their A&S Minister was
named...you guess it..Domhnall and their Archery Marshal was named Sean.  Of
course I introduced myself to him as your previous Archery Marshal.  They
all wanted to know if I would be able to attend their Western War which is
being held the weekend of Sep. 21st but I advised them I was heading home
this coming Saturday.  I will remember their warmth and kindness to me
though.

Hoping to see you all at Defender,

Sean