[Loch-Ruadh] Attn, Polydore:what to bring?

Bill Osterheim Polydore at worldnet.att.net
Wed Sep 25 03:25:31 PDT 2002

A&S...great!
Feast stuff is a little more confusing. I don't know who really would need what. I cannot see you bringinf everything, but if you could bring whatever you can for approprate servingware and
a bit of extra feast stuff, that would be great! I am sure there are some people who are without
early period stuff.

HRAFNASDOT at aol.com wrote:

> Hey Viking type person in charge of this shindig:
>
> What would you like me to bring?  I'll bring all my A&S that's Norse - but what bowls/cups/plates/dishes do you need?  We did a count on who had what, but iF you need feast gear for a crowd, I gotta see how to pack it.  Do we know if there are those who DON"T have gear and need some?
>
> I also have half a dozen norse/celt bedspreads - I use these for my A&S, but if they don't get torn or dirty, I can loan those (LPT is the next weekend, so I need to be careful with those)

It wouldn't hurt to bring a couple of these, but we may not use them (Kind of hard to figure until we get there and see just what we have to work with.)

> And do you need any of Thorgeir's various implements of destruction?  Extra horns (we have the 11 beer party size and half a dozen or so others)?  Sheep skin?  Cow hide?  Sheep skull? (I know, be careful where you point that thing.)  If you need the whole shebang, I may need someone to cart it out to the site - I can get 99.9% of it in one of our trunks (carry type not car) - but I plan to day trip, because of rides, etc.  A car will not hold one of these trunks in its trunk very easily.

An extra idem of destruction or three would be good, especially approprate swords, axes, and armor.  Personal items would be excellent - I think we will br rather short of personal; items.

Any sheep, cow, or other hides would be most excellent!

> Portable Viking at your service
>
> Asa

Aren't all Vikings portable? You transported youself somewhere, visited a few people, then transported youselfs and a few extra things home again... (grin)

Other things:
A few good documention books would be good to have in camp. I have a couple I can bring.
Projects to work on in camp would be most escellent. This would be a part of life in a camp and/or village.

Late notice, but would there be a done in period style class of any kind you could teach? This would be most nifty!

Uddgar!