[Loch-Ruadh] warning or hoax?

Sluggy slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Thu Sep 12 20:41:25 PDT 2002

Patrick Bixler wrote:

> I love how mass hysteria grips people into thinking in an unreasonable
> manner.

hehehehe Mass hysteria is not required when it comes to to people
thinking in an unreasonable manner..

> First.  If there was going to be another attack against the U.S., do you
> really think it is going to happen on a day when the U.S. is sitting on high
> alert?  No.  Why attack the U.S. again on 9-11 when it would be easier to do
> it on a day like .. oh .. March 23rd when no one cares what is going on.

Interesting choice of date....

March 23, 2002 - U.S.-mediated talks of an Israeli-Palestinian
cease-fire ended without agreement
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/03/23/world/main504465.shtml

March 23, 1961 - President John F. Kennedy holds a press conference to
announce US intervention in Laos.
http://www.cs.umb.edu/jfklibrary/jfk_press_conference_610323.html

March 23, 1949 - Lebanon and Israel sign a General Armistice Agreement
http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/mideast/arm02.htm

March 23, 1933 - Hitler becomes dictator
http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/riseofhitler/dictator.htm

March 23, 1857 - Bostonian Fannie Merritt, author of The Fannie Farmer
Cookbook is born
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/today/mar23.html

Of course, it's not that March 23 or any other date is more significant
than another. There have been a couple thousand of any given date for
stuff to happen. :)

Sluggy!

--

I don't interest myself in why, I think more in terms of when.
Sometimes where. Always how much.

                                      Joubert