[Loch-Ruadh] Rapier At Emerald Tourney

Travis Walker twalker4 at hot.rr.com
Tue Apr 1 21:19:51 PST 2003

Are you looking for adventure, fame, or just the opportunity to run
someone through?  Then you definitely don't want to miss this event.
Come one, come all to Emerald Tourney the Saturday of Easter Weekend!

I, Don Edward, will be running the rapier activities for the event.
 That means come ready to fight, and fight, and fight, then maybe fight
some more.

We will have a standard double elim. tourney that morning to choose the
next champion for Emerald Keep.  The youth rapier list will be held
during the rounds of the regular list.

Right after lunch, we will commence with the melees.  These will be for
those fighters of stout heart, for there will be no quarter asked and
none given!

We will begin with each team braving the seas along the coast.  Ships
will have to attack other ships and defend themselves from the same.
Beware those deck guns, and be prepared to board!!

After the ships make land, each team will have to navigate the trails to
find their way inland.  Beware of the ambushes as the trail doubles back
on itself.

We'll finish off the melee evening with a nice relaxing time in the
tavern. Of course, this tavern can get a little out of hand at times, so
come armed!

If that's not enough for you, when the sun goes down, there will be a
torch light tourney after feast to finish you all off.  Anyone leaves
this event without enough fighting, they just left too early!

Some melee scenarios will be fought with RBG's, so if you have 'em,
bring 'em!

Teams will be chosen at the time of the melees.  Feel free to bring
appropriate props for the tavern encounters.  (Boffer bottles, mugs,
large fish, etc.)

Armour inspection for the Emerald tourney will be at 10:00 and the
tourney will start promptly at 11:00.  The Melees will start
approximatley 1/2 hour after the end of the tourney, or 1 pm, which ever
is later.
This is a new site for us.  The site is Camp Val Verde near Waco.
 Directions follow below.

I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Edward
(please feel free to post this to any list I haven't)

Directions:
On I-35 coming from North or South, take exit 330.
Head West on Loop 340/Highway 6
Take the Waco Dr/Franklin Ave/Highway 84 exit
Turn left at the second stop light (both lights are one way)
Get on Highway 84 south.
Travel out of town until you pass the McGregor airport (very small airport)
Turn right on Camp Val Verde Road (There will be an SCA sign at the turn)
CAUTION: The road is very twisty, please watch your speed ther are
several sharp right angle turns.
Turn left into Camp Val Verde.  Go straight up to the hall.

Site fee is $8.00 for adults $4.00 for children 6-13
Feast fee is $6.00 ($3.00 6-13)  (It is a Gilli feast, so come hungry!)
(A $3 surcharge for non-members will be charged to site fee.)