[Loch-Ruadh] Computer Problems

Tim Cantley yukon505 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 26 21:38:25 PDT 2003

Have you tried kicking it with the other foot?

Sean the ever helpful computer geek

From: "Padraig Ruad O Maolagain" <padraig_ruad at irishbard.org>

Help!  My computer has fallen and it can't get up!

Actually, it refused to boot up this morning, and so far, none of the
remedies I have tried have been effective.  I can still access the
hard drives through the DOS prompt (thank God I still remember DOS),
so I haven't lost any information, though it is a little hard to
access it right now, as I can't get Windows to work at all.

My daughter lent me her laptop, so I can still access email, and
should have no trouble getting the newsletter out, but I may be a
little slow in responding over the next few days.  (So what else is
new? I hear you ask.)

I hope to get my system restored in the next day or two - I've gotten
used to my DSL and hate having to go back to this dialup access, even
though it is much better than nothing.