[Loch-Ruadh] Ask Bice....

Chris Harper bice.pietro at charter.net
Sun Aug 3 20:16:57 PDT 2003

At 09:24 PM 8/3/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>What about the book you bought today?

>>about the book she bought today!!  Maybe she will bring it to the next
>>S&I after Lugnuts.

Yippee! and Yes!     At least I hope it is as good a thing as I think for
the price I paid.  It is about 16 by 12 inches and almost 2 inches
thick.  You know, big coffee table size but this is one not everyone would
want on their coffee table.  It is titled, "Old Testament Miniatures", A
Medieval Picture Book.  It has 283 paintings, from the Creation to the
Story of David.  It is reproduced from the Illuminated Book belong to The
Pierpont Morgan Library, New York, with additional leaves from the
collections of The Bibliothéque Nationale, Paris, and Dr Peter and Irene
Ludwig, Aachen.

I would hate to buy it by the pound; it must weigh at least 10 or 15
lbs.  The thing that really made me buy it was that in addition to all the
gobble-de-gook at the front of the book, when you get back to the plates,
each one is numbered and has a short write up about what it is and who all
the people are supposed to be.  Some of the pictures are included in the
set of prints that I bought from the Sable Scroll in the past.  Doesn't
matter;  Dana and Asa can tell you that I love books and treasure them very
highly; and now I have a goodie,,,,,,,,,I think.

Asa doesn't check her voice mail <G> or I am sure I would have heard from
her by now.  I called her this afternoon soon as I got home.  Oh well,
maybe  she will tell me later if I did good.

I will be glad to bring it to our next illuminators meeting.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I only paid $25.00 for it.   Good???????

Bicé