[Loch-Ruadh] job opportunity - accounts payable

Madelina de Lindesay lymadelina at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 31 08:55:06 PST 2003

Feel free to cross-post this to other lists, as I am only subscribed to the Loch Ruadh list.

I thought I'd post this, as it is not on the website here at work.

RadioShack is still looking for an accounts payable clerk for distribution/merchandising accounting.  It is a 40 hour/week job with benefits, but I don't imagine that it pays more than $7 - $8 an hour.  I could be wrong.  But it's very steady work.  They recently interviewed a young man, but he seemed too young, so they didn't hire him; thus, it's a good opportunity if you seem more "settled".

When I started, I didn't have any accounting experience, just retail cash handling and basic office skills.  You don't work with the public, but you do have to call vendors from time to time to request statements, invoices, etc.  "Casual business" attire is required, but we do get to wear jeans on Fridays.

You'd work in the Tandy Center (second tower, 11th floor) and have to park in the old subway parking and ride a shuttle bus up to the building, at least until they finish building our new parking garage.  We do have staggered work hours, so you could come in anywhere from 7:15 a.m. til 8:15 a.m.

If you're going to apply, let me know, and I'll fill out a referral slip for you.

Good luck,
Madelina
aka Jane Sitton